I’ve been bad about creating new content for my Patreon of late, thanks to two projects that have been killing me. One of them — To Hell and Regroup, my collaboration with David Sherman, which we’ve been crowdfunding for the last several weeks, and which you should totally support — is completely done, as I turned in revisions last week. I still have another to finish, but I want to get some new stuff up on Patreon for my oh-so-patient patrons.
I have been posting various bits of exclusive material for every single patron by way of a make-good, and three of the tiers have been well supported — the cat pictures, the excerpts from works-in-progress, and the first drafts. But I’ve done no new TV or movie reviews or vignettes in ages.
Anyhow, here’s what’s new since we flipped to 2020:
- $1/month and up: movie reviews of Fast & Furious: Hobbs and Shaw and Willow
- $2/month and up: a metric buttload of cat pictures
- $5/month and up: TV reviews of Bosch, Watchmen, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- $7/month and up: weekly excerpts of various in-progress pieces, among them To Hell and Regroup, “Journalistic Integrity” (Pangaea III), and “Materfamilias” (Bad Ass Moms)
- $10/month and up: nothing new yet, but soon!
- $20/month and up: all my first drafts of stories and chapters as soon as they’re completed
Still to come:
- movie reviews: Macbeth (the 2010 version with Sir Patrick Stewart) and three Martin Scorsese classics (Raging Bull, GoodFellas, and Casino), both to go up this week
- TV reviews: Broadchurch, Chef!, Foyle’s War, Hunters, Jack Ryan, Legend, Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, Ms. Fisher’s Modern Mysteries, Murdoch Mysteries (seasons 2ff), The Night Manager, Prime Suspect: 1973, Scott & Bailey, and Star Wars Rebels, over the course of the next couple of weeks
- vignettes: the plan is to do, over the course of the next couple of months, one Cassie Zukav vignette, three Super City Cops vignettes, two Dragon Precinct vignettes, and one Bram Gold vignette, which will catch me up on those — and also put those four universes even with seven vignettes each; the June vignette will be anybody’s guess…..
So this is a great time to sign up and get all this cool content, along with the special bonus features I mentioned above, as well as all the stuff I’ve put up between 2017 and 2019.