Today, CBS All Access will air “There is a Tide…,” the 41st episode of Star Trek: Discovery, which reaches a milestone. As soon as that episode goes live on CBSAA, there will be:
- 80 episodes of Star Trek (the original series)
- 22 episodes of Star Trek (the animated series)
- 176 episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation
- 173 episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- 168 episodes of Star Trek: Voyager
- 97 episodes of Star Trek: Enterprise
- 41 episodes of Star Trek: Discovery
- 10 episodes of Short Treks
- 10 episodes of Star Trek: Picard
- 10 episodes of Star Trek: Lower Decks
- and 13 Star Trek movies
That’s 800 installments of Star Trek. That’s pretty damned impressive.
I grew up with Star Trek, on my television screen, on my bookshelf, in my comic book longboxes, and in movie theatres. Since 1999, when WildStorm published my Star Trek: The Next Generation comic book Perchance to Dream, Trek has also been a part of my professional life in some form or other, from writing prose fiction and reference works for Simon & Schuster and comics for WildStorm and IDW and role-playing games for Modiphius to writing about the show for magazines (Star Trek Magazine, Entertainment Weekly), essay collections, and web sites. Most recently, I’ve been contributing to the Star Trek Adventures game world, and I’ve been writing about Trek for Tor.com since 2011, including rewatches of the past shows and reviews of the new shows as they’re released.
I’m deeply honored to have been a part of it, however small, and I look forward to the next 800 installments………..